Friday, December 24, 2004

Your friends are your treasure


Graziella Patrucco de Solodow


"Your friends are your treasure", a good friend said to me the other day as we were talking about friends and my relative lack of material treasure. I could not agree more. One reason I love the internet is that you can locate old friends with whom you may have lost touch. Such is the case with the artist above. Back in the mid-'80s, Graziella was illustrating a children's book I was working on, while creating masterpieces for Caspari. She had to move to New Haven before we finished, but even to think now that she would do such a thing only reiterates the point my friend made earlier.

You can see some of her work here and here.

Treasure your friends over this holiday season. Treasure your treasure.