Monday, August 08, 2005

Peter Jennings: May he rest in peace

Peter Jennings has died.

As I had written back in April, I felt a certain familial connection with the gentleman. This when we learned that he had lung cancer, only a few months ago. But I am sure many people thought of him as family. And I know my dear parents will miss the emails he would send out to subscribers. He was a good man, and my heart is with his family.

One wonders...who will replace him as head anchor on the evening news. Koppel would be the best choice, drawing from their existing pool. Or maybe they could gather enough funds to get Mister Cronkhite off the island...

Short of that, Elizabeth Vargas or George Stephanopoulis are also fine choices.

Good night sweet prince! You have improved this world and are now in a better one.

MORE at Blogcritics.org