Thursday, August 04, 2005

Tarheel Tavern : The email

I sent emails, but not sure if it cleared the hurdles.
So here it is again...


Toot Your Blog / Automatic Pencil
T A R H E E L - T A V E R N
ANONYMOSES EDITION

______________________________________________________

Greetings friends,

This is my first (1st) Tavern, so please bear with me as I get my pub legs.
While trying to conceive of a theme, two competed for my attention.
I throw them both on the table, and let those who want to play, choose, or mix the two in unique ways, or alas, write any darn thing they want.

The first idea was to do what I call "Automatic Pencil", even though I know it is already the name for an actual product. The "automatic pencil" I am referring to is, basically, automatic writing. And the more absurd and surreal, the better.

I have discovered that, try as I might, I cannot seem to write outside the iceberg, if you will. The nature of icebergs is that the great bulk is subaqueous, or beneath the surface. But that if one mines from those regions, one can often catch of glimpse of the future...as what is submerged today, basks in the sunlight of tomorrow. One needn't wait. One need only mine.


The second idea is what I shall call "Toot Your Blog". Exercise your copywriting skills, and create an ad for your blog. This task of focusing on one's uniqueness, or whatever might be a good reason to visit the blog, might well reap lasting rewards, and wind up on many a sidebar.

Like I said, you may want to mix the two, or you may want to toot someone else's blog. Or, write anything at all. I can put ads between articles, and place art in strategic places.

Be creative.


I'll try to have it done by midnight on Saturday, so having it in by, say, 3 in the afternoon, on Saturday, would be most delightful.

May the muses be with you...

-anon


PS - If this email reached you, or anyone you know, in error, please exercise that famous American tolerance, and know that it probably really isn't that big a deal.