Friday, November 18, 2005

Easley shows no mercy to Syriani family


Victims of "Justice" receive no Mercy

Easley denies clemency for Syriani

What do you do when someone's mother is taken away from them? Governor Mike Easley of North Carolina apparently thinks the answer is to take away their father as well. Personally I think it is wrongheaded and hard-hearted. But then again, I don't get to kill people like Easley and other governors and presidents do. Must suck to be one. Blood on the hands and all that.
Maybe he actually thinks Javier is a better man than Valjean. Sure acts that way.

By showing no mercy to the Syriani children, Mr. Easley has lost my respect and vote, as if he really gives a damn. I guess he can feel like a manly man now though. Heaven forbid he should appear soft, or the Taoistic ideal. (The soft shall overcome the hard. Oops!)

So while Mr. Syriani killed the mother of these children, Mr. Easley killed their father. I seriously hope he gives this some thought. I cannot imagine he will ever be forgiven for his short-sighted need to take away life, and inflict even more pain on this suffering family.