Tuesday, December 16, 2003

mudshark has a point there!


I couldn't help but be amused by this post from the ever-amusing Mudshark:

PRACTICAL GOOGLEBOMBING
Atrios and his regular commenters have been busy thinking up variations on Old Fashioned Patriot's "miserable failure" project of a couple months ago...this time the search terms are unelectable and vast right wing conspiracy.

Now, no offense to these fine people -- because, hey, I love the idea myself, as I've posted before -- but after giving this a bit of thought, I'm thinking there just might be an even better way to do it. The conclusion the ol' Mudshark has come to is: if ya wanna spread what some folks call memes (yeah, I know, I said I wouldn't use that word) about Shrub, then ya gotta use search terms that people will actually search for -- say, when doing research for a term paper or whatever. I mean, yeah, he may well be unelectable (without the aid of Diebold, at least), and he's indisputably a miserable failure, but how many people are actually gonna type those phrases into a Google searchbox?

Here's the way you do it, y'all:

FASCISM (or FASCIST)

WAR CRIMES

MACHIAVELLIAN

TOTALITARIANISM

1984

DRAFT EVASION

ALCOHOLISM

COCAINE ADDICTION

...and as one commenter states, it takes longer to Googlebomb more common words and phrases, so remember to use these (and more...use your imagination!) on comment and message boards as well as main blog pages. So whaddaya waitin' for? Let's go!