Thursday, February 10, 2005

DaveNet: How Winer stole my baby

Sunday, January 19, 2003
Blog innovator, Dave Winer, goes to Harvard...He has been offered a fellowship at the Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard Law School.

DaveNet : Chapter 5 in which Dave goes to Harvard
Posted by:
Anonymoses Hyperlincoln / 1/19/2003 10:58:40 AM



The year was 1994. The first generation of the WWW had come out, and exuberance was being born in America and to a lesser extent, the world. It was a world of infinite possibility, infinite sunlight. And Dave Winer was one of the first people on the scene. I remember. I wanted DaveNet. He got there first. And, I might, did a better job that I could have ever done. I would up with Megajesus, which died the first month I failed to pay my bill. I returned as Microjesus, yes, but that just didn't have any of the cashay that Mega had. And so he soon became MrWondrous, and a few others, and has now found its way into the present moniker. You know...Moniker Lewinsky! It's called sleep deprevation.

Anyway...hope to see him at my dear father's alma mater soon. May he find some that that exuberance of old!



-Dave