Saturday, October 04, 2003

Beck for President



Beck for President
For Peace and Justice
The Campaign of Sanderson Beck:
Democrat for President of the United States


FROM THE WEBSITE:

Why I Am Running for President
I am deeply concerned that the United States is being led in the wrong direction by George W. Bush and reactionary Democrats. I intend to educate people by explaining how we can lead the world into a golden age of peace, justice, and prosperity, not just for US but for everyone in the world. I aim to apply the wise teachings of the Christ, Buddha, Socrates, Lao-zi, Confucius, and other sages to politics to make the world a better place. I hope to awaken "Christians" who have been led astray by hypocrites supporting wars and the uncharitable policies of right-wing politicians that are contrary to what Jesus taught.

I was born on March 5, 1947 in Los Angeles, and I was a Conscientious Objector during the Vietnam War. I have taught more than forty different college courses, written many books, and dedicated my life to working for world peace. I will be honest, and I admit that my policies are closer to Greens than Democrats. I am offering the Democratic Party progressive policies, and I hope to be included in the Democratic debates during the primaries. Also, by running as a Democrat I will not hurt the Democratic nominee who goes against the Republican in the final 2004 election.

Our great country has become an oppressive empire to serve the greed of those with power. Now that the Cold War is over, we can eliminate all weapons of mass destruction and reduce all military forces in the world. Nonviolent methods and international law can resolve conflicts and protect human rights. We can reduce terrorism by not terrorizing the world with a bullying foreign policy. I believe the United States of America can lead the way to a world that is more democratic, free, fair, peaceful, prosperous, and sustainable if we act intelligently and responsibly with our great power and wealth. I appeal to the best in people so that we may treat others as we would be wish to be treated. I hope you will join me in this effort to reform our government.