Wednesday, October 15, 2003

...and I thought war was about decreasing the enemy!



Call me stupid, but I had thought that the US and the UK had launched this "war on terrorism" in order to decrease their numbers...not swell them!

I guess I was wrong. The bible tells me so...

The 2003-2004 edition of the British-based think-tank's annual bible for defense analysts, The Military Balance, said Washington's assertions after the Iraq conflict that it had turned the corner in the war on terror were "over-confident."

and in the first paragraph, Reuters says:

War in Iraq has swollen the ranks of al Qaeda and galvanized the Islamic militant group's will, the International Institute for Strategic Studies said on Wednesday in its annual report.


It is unfortunate that the Bush Administration has made the world a more dangerous place, by increasing the numbers of those who would harm us.
I frankly would rather have a world of friends than a world of enemies.

I guess those who make weapons needs to have people to swallow them.
Swallow them. Hmmm. An interesting metaphor. Kinda like medicine, pharmaceuticals. Something tells me there is red meat in that intuition somewhere. Someone should look into that. For while we fear biological and chemical weapons...in abstracto... we may allow ourselves to put too much trust in everyday products...which are already killing us.

Why did Clinton bomb a pharmaceutical company? A favor to one of their competitors? See...I am not entirely partisan!

Someone needs to remove the greed gene from human beings. It has driven us to do absolutely heinous things, ungodly things, to satisfy it.

Do I digress?


If you do not agree with the Bush Doctrine of preemption, which has led to this escalation of enemies...you can change it, and the world, at the election box. Any of the Democrats would do the trick, as they all, so to say, "work well with others"...and are true Peace Lovers...not, like the Bush weapon and oil cartel, purveyors of war.

War is not peace.