If so...why can't we? If not, why not?
I don't know about Cable. I yanked it from my TV set after their pathetic performance during the Selection of 2000. I could not trust Cable.
But I do know about ABC, NBC, CBS and PBS, and of these, PBS is the only reason I don't simply throw the TV out the window. But even they had pundits who talked over valuable films and speakers.
Liberal Media MY ASS!
My questions to Tom Brokaw, Peter Jennings and Dan Rather are these:
1. Did you watch the Convention during the four hours of "prime time"?
2. If so, why is it that you can see it, and we can't? Are you more important than Carter, Gore, and the American People?
3. If not, why not? Do you not deem it important enough? Are you afraid you will be moved, and thus risk your Republican shillability?
4. Are you receiving memos, like the lemmings of FOX News? Or are you the ones putting out the memos?
5. Are the memos by people who are more important than President Carter? If so, please tell us who these megabosses are? They may pay you money, but we pay you eyeballs and ears...and sadly, minds and hearts as well. And you wouldn't be where you are without our eyes and ears; our hearts and minds...
Show us as much as you can. Try hard. Lord knows you make enough! And Lord knows many of you have performed great acts of bravery and courage. Use that courage now!
Don't prostitute yourselves to your paycheck. Go above and beyond!
Why The Republicans want to reduce the coverage
They can't fill up the time. They haven't people or ideas.
So why is it that pharmaceutical ads wind up on the screen instead of Jimmy Carter or Al Gore? Well, for one, they pay to disrupt the coverage. For another, the GOP realizes that the less the people hear and know, the better off they are.
I'd go one step further and say...if they have to know more, make sure it is confusing, distractive, or divisive.
Clinton: "THEY NEED a divided America...WE DON'T"
President Clinton warns about GOP, Big Media
In what has been called the best speech of all time, Bill Clinton spelled out the differences between Kerry and Bush, the Democrats and the Republicans. He summed it up by warning, "They need a divided America...WE don't."
As it turns out, the same can be said for the Big Media...who are proving to be, like FOX, just another arm of the Republican Party.
"You look like George W. reading Children's books while the towers, and America, tumble down."
What we are witnessing needs to be documented as Exhibit A, when the perpetrators are finely brought to trial. We see a foreshadowing in "Outfoxed" of how to get the dominant Media to either play it straight, or be upfront with their bias...even if it is simply telling the audience, like Bill Clinton did, that they are in the top 1%.
And after doing that, how 'bout do some reading, from the classics, on Mammon, sins of omission and hubris. You may ask yourselves why you are being so lazy, here at the most important time of our lives?
You look like George W. reading Children's books while the towers, and America, tumble down.
As a blogger, with a conscience, I am glad I am not you.
- HyperLincoln - July 27, 2004